As a Life Coach I Undertake To:
1. Always conduct myself within the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
2. Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
3. Respect the commercial confidentiality of The Life Coaching business by not divulging business information to any third parties.
4. Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession in general.
5. Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, professional colleagues and the life coaching community.
6. Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
7. Represent my true level and status within the profession, my competence and my experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
8. Clearly state to clients and potential clients, the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
9. Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
10.Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
11.Respect the absolute rights of clients’ confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
12.Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the clients’ needs.
13.Avoid all conflicts of interests and give notice of such potential conflict to any mentors you may be working with. Advise the client on the risk of conflict if a relationship moves beyond a coach/client situation. (For example a personal or business relationship.)
14.Refrain from offering professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where its accuracy is beyond your competence to assess.
15.Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional life coaching.
16.Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of The Life Coaching community to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of such parties.
17.Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property, and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
18.Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian as appropriate.
19.Comply with all laws and byelaws of the country in which I operate.
20.Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the law in the country in which I operate.